Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fiddy, say it ain't so!


I know I'm a little late with this but I had to post it anyway.
Rich Rudel from Orbit Rock, aside from being a Classic Rock fan, is also a closet Hip Hop head. Yesterday morning during my shift he walked into the studio and said, "what do you think about that video of 50 cent doing cocaine in Croatia?

"What!?!' I replied.

"You didn't hear? 50 Cent is a coke head"

"GTFOHWTBS Rich"

"It's on line, Google it and see for yourself" he said.

So I did and sure enough, it looks like 50 might have a little drug habit. But then I got to thinking, if the video was of 50 and his boys smoking weed, I doubt anyone would've thought twice about it. Or if he was a Rock or Heavy Metal star his fans would almost expect it. But, because he's a Hip Hop artist and it's cocaine people are shocked and outraged. Please don't get me wrong, I do not advocate drug use of any kind, hell I don't even take aspirin, but I wonder about the double standard when it comes to drug use in the Hip Hop community:
Liquor & Weed - O.K
Cocaine & Heroine (a growing problem in Hip Hop) - Not O.K.

Truth is, I hope we're all mis-interpreting what we see in the video and that he is indeed as someone suggested, kneeling down in prayer. Nah, I don't think so either.

Dang!

Take a look for yourself.

No comments: