Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yo B, Drop that Beat!!!

B., as in Bill Cosby who, according to The Associate Press, plans to drop a Comedy/Hip Hop/Jazz album titled: The Cosby Narratives: Vol 1 State of Emergency.

“I do not rap on any of these things,” Cosby told The Associated Press on Monday. “I wouldn’t know how to fix my mouth to say some of the words.”
Cosby said the hip-hop music he hears is profane and degrading. His album is “the opposite of what I think is the profanity for no particular reason, the misogyny for no particular reason,” he said. “It really looks at the frustration and the anger that a young man may have.”
Source: AP

Although I agree the excess profanity and misogyny has gotten to be a bit much , I also realize that young people are slow to embrace projects like this unless the material is presented by artists who already have their attention.
For example, Imagine Nas on a track with Cosby comedy sound bites and Jazz samples from Roy Hargrove!

Oops, I’ve said too much. Now don’t go stealing my idea, or if you do at least cut a sista’ a percentage point or something.

Read more about The Cosby Narratives here.

No comments: